- From your start menu, search for "Notepad"
- Right click on the program when it appears, and choose "Run as Administrator"
- When it opens, click File > Open or press Ctrl + O
- Browse to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
- Switch view from *txt to "All Files" in the lower right-hand dropdown menu.
- Click on "hosts" then click "Open"
- Add a line to the file and type the IP and domain you wish to direct to it, separated by a single space. For example: 220.127.116.11 mydevdomain.com
- Click File > Save or press Ctrl + S.
Self-Hosted Help Desk Software by SupportPal