You can create an auto-responder that sends a custom message upon receipt of new email, when he/she is on vacation or out of the office.
To create an Auto-Responder in SmarterMail:
If you do not see the menu selection My Auto-Responder, in your User, Settings menu, you need to contact your System Administrator.
- Login to the web interface as a User
- Click Settings
- Click My Auto-Responder
- On the Options tab, click Enable auto responder
- Click the Auto-Responder Message tab
- Enter a Subject such as Vacation or Out of the Office
- Click Save when you done.
- Enter your message in the Option Message body